SHRAM SANSKAR CHHAVANI 2018
Maharogi Sewa Samiti’s Somnath Project was established in 1967 and is located in Mul Tahsil of Chandrapur District of Maharashtra. Somnath has served MSS, Warora as a Manpower Training Centre and has inspired thousands of youth who come here every year in the scorching heat of summer to attend the 'Shram Sanskar Chhavani', an annual event that emphasizes the value of manual work by involving youth in various laborious yet joyful and most importantly, constructive tasks. This camp helps build a sense of positive work culture, secular values, national unity, environment conservation and encourages scientific curiosity amongst the youth. Some of these inspired youth have gone on to become institutions in themselves. Somnath has provided the foundation stone to many social workers in India.
In the morning participants work in the fields by doing manual work such as making of bunds, laying approach roads to agricultural fields, removing weeds / shrubs, preparing wasteland for cultivation and plantation of saplings, etc. The day ends with discussions and group activities. Lectures are given by well-known professors and social workers on topics such as secularism, national integration, how to make best use of all types of waste, plastic reuse, rainwater conservation, watershed development programs as well as topics of current interest. Group activities include interaction between participants in the form of songs, dances and skits, plays, poems, personal ideas and reactions.
This annual event has pioneered various youth empowerment programs in India. This year too, the 51st Annual Youth Camp will be organized at our Somnath and Anandwan Projects between 15th to 22nd May 2018.
· Participation Fees- Rs. 2000 per participant
· Location of Shram Sankar Chhavani 2018- Maharogi Sewa Samiti, Somnath Project, Tehsil- Mul, District: Chandrapur, Maharashtra ( Googlemaps- http://bit.ly/2B3B1nu )
· Address for Correspondence: Maharogi Sewa Samiti, Warora, At- Post: Anandwan, Tehsil: Warora, District: Chandrapur, Maharashtra, Pin – 442914 ( Googlemaps- http://bit.ly/2CawCOW )
· Coordinators: Ravindra Nalgintwar – 9673574148, Ikram Patel - 9689888501
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Website: www.anandwan.in
· Photos: http://bit.ly/2yx5Gab